Originally called the Reading Room – it has become known as the Tiger Room (pictured left). Used for Music and Card games, now used for student discussions and quiet study.
Originally called the Smoking room. Through the years it has come to be known as the Red Room. Painted the main Cottage color – Burgundy.
1892 was a very monumental year for Cottage. Not only did they purchase the property on Prospect and build their shingle style Victorian, but it was also the year that the interlocking UCC insignia was adopted AND the Cottage colors – burgundy, gold and black – were selected. The 17th Lancers Regiment of England granted exclusively to Cottage under special arrangements made by George Trotter class of 1891 to use their colors as the Cottage Club colors. The colors and are worn with great pride at all formal functions. Men wear a Cottage ‘flag’ tie and women wear the Cottage scarf.