The Billiard Room is a more casual space than the formal rooms of the ground floor and library. It was originally called the Club Room. The early club members desired a less formal space and this location on the second floor was seen as a space, which they could make more comfortable.
It seems that the dignity of McKim’s interiors were at first a little overwhelming to the college boys and their older brothers. The pocket doors allowed them to close themselves off from the rest of the clubhouse and made the space feel cozier when they were fraternizing in small groups.
They raised $1000 to furnish the Club Room on their own and it originally had a card table, chairs and sofa.
It later became the Billiard room and the pool tables were moved up from the first floor.
The TV room was originally a private Dining room for visiting Alumni and Committee meetings. It was very common for these rooms to have been dining rooms in the city club design.